Thursday, February 27, 2020

A dream I recently had...

So I am not one to remembers dreams all that often, yet when I do...I PAY ATTENTION!!!
And this one was given to me on Valentine's Day!!! A great way to start that day!!

So a recent dream I had was as follows...
I was at a family gathering in northern Minnesota at my Uncle Everett and Aunt Carol's house. We are all in the living room and kitchen area. I am in my mid to early teens and there is lots of laughter and good times. I walk into their kitchen and am looking around...I notice lots of dark paneling and counter tops. I turn around and all of sudden notice a tree in the kitchen. It was almost like it was cut down and placed in the kitchen on purpose. The linoleum floor was cut and arranged to showcase the roots. I am in awe of it...particularly for the oddity of it all. As I walk around it, I look all over it and see where the branches meet the ceiling...and even notice a HUGE old grey papery hornets nest that is also there in its branches. It is a mere shell...no hornets...and is just there as ornament.

Then we all go outside and I walk around the corner and notice a large cement set of stairs that one would see in a city park somewhere...only difference...these cement steps appear to be headed up to the sky. My uncle Donnie is about to head up the steps. He begins to walk up a few steps and I feel a hand in the small of my back pushing me forward. I yell out, "I love you, Uncle Donnie!!" He turns around and he is a younger version of himself...perhaps from around the 60's? Not sure how I would remember that version as it would only be in photos I had seen of him...but he tells me, "You know I look forward to that every time! I love you too" and then turns and continues to climb.

When I reached out to my cousin Sherri for some analysis of the dream, she had some amazing feedback and analysis. I asked her if it is okay to share this...

She mentioned that our family had amazing gatherings when I was growing up and that always happened in the heart of the home which was the kitchen. It was the hub for all the good food our family makes and always feels like the warmest room in the house. This is where the roots of our family where strengthened.
The tree symbolizes the family tree of our family and the hornets nest symbolizes the dark period we, or I have been through, representing the pain and drama of our/my past. For that back ground you will need to go back into this blog to refresh your mind on it. But the reason it is a dead hornets nest is that the darkness has past and we/ I are/am all moving forward. It doesn't go away, but serves as a reminder of what was...I like that so much. A move forward...
My age is reflective of significance that this was the time of my life where I had the most questions about my truth and what it all meant.
The hand on my back is always and forever that of my Mom's. She pushes me forward in my life and will continue to do so for as long as I live. I just know it. She encourages me to live my life by leading with love and kindness at all times. This is such a strong example for all of us to lead with and can drive us forward into a dark, scary world.

"I love you" is the powerful message we all need to hear, including my family.
I think it is important that we say it.
On the daily.
Because you just never now when it will be too late.

I woke up with STRONG visuals, STRONG feeling of love and joy, and was immensely happy.

1 comment:

Roben aka Precious said...

Love this so much....and you. 💕