Saturday, November 20, 2021

I needed time...

I needed a break.

I needed time to process and just attempt to stay afloat. I have not added any content since March 2020. We can all say we have been through IT. Through the turbulent waters and have emerged a different person...almost like a cocoon and we are about to break out of that chrysalis.

I look back and I just keep thinking, "What the hell happened? How in the hell did we get to this very moment because this was INSANE." More importantly...we have reached a moment to breathe and begin to reflect on what we have learned...and there has been so much. SO what have we learned? Are we willing to allow ourselves to dig deep and figure out what we have learned...about this experience and about our fellow man?

Insane amounts of anxiety and how to navigate through it with grace.

Feeling your breath on the mask in front of your face, hiding the emotion, and just not sure how we are going to connect. 

Feeling moments of fear, moments of distrust, and thinking about how stupid folks can really be and realize that we are and continue to be so polarized and a wave of hopelessness come overthinking...how can we come back together? Is that even possible?  My hope in a combined country continues to be polarized even with a President and team who ACTUALLY know what to do in that position...we made it through 4 years of division with a man in charge who fueled the fires and did nothing to bring us together...and we now have moved past that administration and yet we are still divided immensely. We have got to be better. We have got to learn from our mistakes and emerge better...but we are nowhere near that. WHY?

I have found my comfort at home... with a man who loves me...puppies who cuddle unconditionally...students who continue to drive my educational practice...and colleagues who continue to support and inspire me every day...and for all of that, I feel immense gratitude.

That's all I got right now...

More soon. I need this blog to come back and be a space for me to get my venting, my voice, my fears out there. If you want to continue with me, I would be grateful.

Thank you for reading.

No comments: