Monday, November 29, 2021

The scars of our past...

We all have scars from our past. We wouldn't be human without them. Some are visible and some are not. Some are big...some are small. Emotional and physical.

I am learning to take the time these days to look back on the scars I have personally accrued from my life's journey. What have I learned from these scars and hurdles? How did I get them and how do I react differently to life's moments because of them?

I firmly believe you have to take the time to reflect on your past sometimes, acknowledging past mistakes, past hurdles and owning the mistakes and hurts, and attempting to heal them. This is a moment to reflect, a moment to regroup, and a moment to learn about how these moments affect your decisions moving forward or how you answer life's questions.

Some of these scars may need time set aside to dig into and focus in on and that's ok. Recognizing is the first part. Knowing your limits is another. And addressing them in your own time...important to always keep in mind. 

That's something important to remember, friends. Heal the scars...not hide them. When we hide them or bury them, all we encourage is feelings of shame and guilt and for that...the struggles are real.

So thankful for a hand to hold on this journey...because I cannot go back to the way I have been doing things.
I have found a different way to get through things... and it seems to be working

 And when the scar is left behind, whether it is physical or emotional, that is a badge of honor, courage, and recovery.

No comments: