Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Bucket List Continued

So I am now a firm believer in the concept of what you put out into the universe comes back to you triple fold...
Way back in 2009, I put my Bucket list on this very blog with an entire musing of the idea of experiencing Paris the year I turn 40. I actually accomplished this, thanks to Liz Pippins, one year early, and was able to experience it with my folks.

As I look back, retrospectively, I see that I have so much more I want to accomplish...some things on this list are in the works, in some shape or form... Can you guess what that would be?

1. Own my own home.
2. Travel to London.
3. Skydiving .
4. Take an Alaskan Cruise and see the whales.
5. See the musical Jersey Boys.
6. Play the role of Archibald Craven in The Secret Garden
7. Play the role of Harold Hill in The Music Man
8. Play the role of Sweeney Todd in Sweeney Todd
9. Travel to Rome
10. Sing with a full orchestra
11. Record a CD for sale
12. Write a book or play. Maybe publish?
13. Have a child. Maybe two?
14. Build my own home and be able to design it the way I would like it...a dream home, if you will.
15. See the fall colors of New England
16. Rock climb
17. Para sail in the Caribbean
18. Be remembered for being a good man.
19. Grow Muscles.
20. Direct the play The Laramie Project.
21. Direct the play Angels in America.
22. Make a difference in someone's life.
23. Visit Niagara Falls.
24. Take a cruise in the Caribbean.
25. Sing with a jazz band.
26. See the musical Memphis.
27. Try Yoga.
28. Visit Norway & Sweden.
29. Study Art History.
30. Be a forward thinker and live in patience.
31. Have a summer cabin in northern Minnesota.

This is obviously just a few of the things I want to accomplish in the short time I have on this Earth. Cause when you really truly think about it, we all have such a short time on this Earth in comparison to how long it has been around. True?

I watched one of our kids overseas live out his dream. He is an amazing hip-hop dancer and he began his trip but dancing in the Little Rock airport, while being filmed doing so. In the next ten days, he was able to dance not only in every airport we experienced, but was also filmed dancing at the foot of the Eiffel Tower with some other dancers performing there and in a Plaza in Barcelona. How cool is that?? The smile on his face was worth the cost of admission. I know that, for a fact, he will never have that kind of experience ever again in his lifetime and I am grateful to have been able to experience that with him!! I think we all were!!

What is on your bucket list? Are you willing to put it out there and see what comes back to you?

No comments: