Thursday, July 14, 2011

St. Josep La Boqueria











This is one of those experiences that was completely visceral...I had heard tell of open air markets being the most amazing experiences of being overseas...

Now mind you...

This is an everyday experience for every European shopper...going to the market to get dinner and yummy treats.

Outdoors.

Open air.

The heat.

The smells.

LMAO!!!


Here is what I loved:

The COLORS!

The variety of fresh fresh FRESH foods...

(did I mention fresh??)

So I found myself taking numerous pictures...I could not stop myself. I found myself snapping photos left and right, and trying to take in everything, while experiencing the smells and sights. COLORS everywhere...smells...sights...AWESOME!





Dried fruits and Candies...









"Organic is Orgasmic"

TRUE???




More candies...





Fresh eggs...of every color...










Fresh seafood...(did I mention the freshness of it all)

UHHHH...

So fresh that these crabs were still moving on the icecap...



UHHHHHH...can you smell this?? Yeah...it did have quite the odor in this area...







YUMMY OLIVES!!!










And fresh Spices...























And Ah-MAH-zing fresh fruit!! LOOK AT ALL THE COLORS!!!

Yes you have to go overseas to just experience the grandeur of the European open-air markets. Yes they are orgasmic. They are sensory overload...a vision of COLORS, SIGHTS, SOUNDS, SMELLS...

When you think of living here in America, we do not have this type of shopping experience? Sure we have the Farmer's Markets...but not to this level of AWESOMENESS!!!

Now I would imagine that Europeans would read this and think, "Yeah, AND? You CRAZY Americans and the things you choose to write about!!"

But being a city boy from Bismarck, North Dakota and Arkansas...Yeah, definitely not used to this type of open-air market of this size and experience. One I will not forget!

Did I mention it was FRESH??

No comments: