Thursday, January 18, 2018

Gratitude for this week...and for the year ahead.


So I have promised myself to have a year filled with gratitude and being thankful...because we can all get sucked down with the negativity and craziness this world offers, sometimes on a daily basis.

I have also stolen an idea from a dear friend, Dawn. I went and bought a large-ish jar with a clip down lid, bought some colorful scrapbook paper, and when something stands out to me that I am grateful for...I write it down and put it in my Gratitude Jar. I will go back in on December 31st and look at the year of gratitude...what was important... things I was thankful for...I plan to do this right before bed...for positive thoughts...

So here goes...

I am thankful for friendships that endure the test of time and when together we are able to pick up right where we have left off, sharing the adventures and struggles of our lives.

I am thankful for snow. I am thankful for the soft beauty of it falling to the ground covering all with a white blanket...almost like comfy down.

I am thankful for puppy cuddles, soft blankets, and PJ days when you can just relax and drink coffee and regroup.

I am grateful for my job, my co-workers, the energy my kiddos bring to the classroom, and the excitement they have about competition. This year has been a good year and continues to be good....so thankful.

I am grateful for being allowed to have a creative voice and for a career in the arts.

I pray you find gratitude in your heart and in your week ahead!!! Does a body good! Just like MILK!

No comments: