Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Rekindling our own light


A friend on Facebook posted this quote and I LOVED IT!!!
Thank you, ANDY TRAVIS!!!

A thought about gratitude.
It is so important to just be grateful to those who have picked us up when we are down, telling us that we are important, that we are valuable and have an important voice. Gratitude to those who have said that you are special, that you are a creative light, that have provided you with laughter, with focus, with fond memories.

And I am grateful:

To all my teachers who got me here to where I stand. For teaching me self-worth, teaching me great knowledge, for guiding me through the hurdles of life.

I am grateful to all the friends who have loved me, supported me, hugged it out when I needed it most.

I am grateful to my family for loving me, for guiding me through, for being there when I stumbled, for loving me anyways, and for giving me firm ground to stand on.

I am grateful to folks in my life who were there when I just didn't know what to do, when I was floundering and questioning life, or just lamenting why things were not going my way or why things happened the way they did.

If you struggle, or are struggling, with what is next...welcome.
We have all been there.

Heck, we may STILL be there.

And you know what? It's OKAY.

Life is not always kind. The journey can be rough.
It's OKAY to reach out.
To find or ask for help.
To STOP and just BE for awhile.
To REGROUP.
To REKINDLE and find what you were once passionate about.
And to CHANGE.
It's OK to CHANGE.
Change our course.
Change our focus.
But we cannot just sit down and allow life to pass us by.

We have to figure out how to relight that flame and push forward...
onward to new adventures...
towards a life WELL LIVED.

No comments: