Sunday, January 7, 2018

Things you should have said...

I am kinda hit or miss on this saying.

There are so many times when I walked away from an occurrence, an event, an argument or a discussion and just kept thinking, " I shoulda said this! OH WAIT...I should just have said this!!" The prior made plan for difficult discussions is only so good.
There are moments I wish I could have taken things back because I was just being hurtful. 
There are moments I wish I would have never done and could just erase...
purely for allowing my heart to be lighter and angst free.

Yet, there are times when you need to say exactly what is on your heart and then let it go. 
There are times when it is best to just let it go and not say anything.
And for crying out loud, you don't have to put every little thing on social media showing your stupidity and lack of filter.
I think the true sign of maturity and growth is learning to filter

...which goes against this very saying.

I think you just have to figure out how to navigate through each moment as it presents itself.

As one of my mentors taught us, "You have to weigh the pros and cons of a situation or potential discussion, make the best possible decision at that very moment, have the discussion, and then move forward, never looking back. Never second guess or you will spend youe entire life and energy second guessing every little move you make, every discussion you ever had. And you will just make yourself so very tired."

 I think this is so very true. It is all about preserving energy and preventing worry about whether or not you should have said this or handled this situation better than you did.
 There are times when the choices we make or the things we say sets everything into motion that once said we have no control over. From that moment, it is open to whatever will be, will be.

If you feel remorse for something you said or did, I do feel as long as you apologize when you are wrong, hug it out if you are truly sorry and allow what will be to be...life will be better. 

Preserve your energy and let others make their own decisions, let the chips fall as they will.
Do not live in regret of the past.
Look toward the future.
You are better for it.

No comments: